Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

It is a legal requirement for a landlord to have all the gas appliances in a rented property to be safety tested every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

A landlords legal duties apply to a wide range of accommodation including:

  • residential properties that are let by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, housing co-operatives, hostels
  • Rooms let in bedsit accommodation, private households, bed and breakfast accommodation and hotels
  • Rented holiday accommodation such as chalets, cottages, flats, caravans and barrow boats on inland waterways

We can arrange to pick up keys from a local estate agent or we can arrange access through your tenant to carry out the certificate.