Our Commitment to Privacy
- the types of personal information which we hold;
- the purposes for which we hold personal information;
- with whom we may share personal information;
- for how long we hold personal information; and
- what procedures we have in place to protect your privacy.
What personal information do we hold?
We hold the following personal information:
- information which you voluntarily provide to us when contacting us, including your name, postal address(es), telephone number(s) and email address(es);
- information obtained regarding your tenants/occupiers of your property(ies);
- information about the appliances you have installed in your property or are intending to install;
- information regarding any transactions between you and us;
- information obtained from third parties you have contacted in order to make contact with us.
For what purposes do we hold personal information?
We hold information which you provide to us -
- for our own administrative/accounting purposes;
- to enable us to provide you with quotations for works you request us to carry out;
- to enable us to complete works you have requested;
- to enable us to contact you with service reminders.
Depending upon the information you have provided to us, we may contact you by letter, email, telephone or SMS. You can advise us if you would prefer that we do not contact you by any one/all of these methods.
If you subsequently change your mind and no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can inform us using the contact details below.
With whom we may share personal information
Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not share, sell or trade any personal information we hold except that:
- we may disclose information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings;
- we may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting or professional advisors, our engineers and trade suppliers (names and addresses only in the latter case, for delivery purposes);
- we transmit credit/debit card information to Worldpay (an online card payment facility) when we process card payments for sales.
For how long do we hold personal information?
We will not hold onto any personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above.
What procedures do we use to protect your privacy?
We undertake to process the personal information we hold in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws relating to data protection, which may from time to time supersede or update current laws.
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information (although we do not warrant that this is the case) in order to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
We hold computerised and electronic personal information on a secure internet-based server operated by a third party. We may, from time to time, also hold tangible (or “hard copy”) personal information at the address noted below.
Please note that the Internet is not a secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet or via email, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it);
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
By post: Claire Wilkins, Data Protection Officer
Heat Norfolk Ltd, 155 Reepham Road, Norwich, NR6 5PH
By email to: email@example.com
By telephone: 01603 873062